Real Life Garden Solutions—Garden Design, Garden Coach
- REAL LIFE GARDEN SOLUTIONS — a design service meeting the needs of a wide variety of homes and families, from contemporary new homes to traditional older homes, patio/balcony design (including creating container gardens), as well as garden coaching for those who just want a little assistance. Specialties include wildlife and rain gardens, natural or modern water features, lawn alternatives.
- REAL LIFE GARDEN SOLUTIONS will design a garden that meets your family needs and desires;
REAL LIFE GARDEN SOLUTIONS inspires a love for gardening and promotes the confidence to create spaces that can grow with you over the years;
REAL LIFE GARDEN SOLUTIONS will always suggest the most sustainable design and practices.
- Janet will see your property, hear your thoughts, help you define your wishes, contribute ideas, demonstrate principles, and develop a concept with you.
- As a coach I take you through the process of developing your own garden.
- As designer, I complete a design drawing and provide a planting plan and construction details, then carry it all through to completion. Real Life Garden Solutions specializes in helping homeowners discover their creative potential to landscape their own garden spaces.
- Real Life Garden Solutions will turn your outdoor space into the engaging, productive, energizing garden you’ve been hoping for.
- Consultation: The client needs to be in the driver’s seat. Real Life Garden Solutions is there to find out what the clients want of their outdoor space, and provide direction and solutions to achieving that desire. Janet will view the client property, hear their thoughts, help them define their wishes, contribute ideas, demonstrate principles, develop concept designs, then draw the plan and provide planting list, notes, and supply details.
- Sustainability: Although being environmentally friendly is assumed to be the rule in this “green industry”, it isn’t always clear how to implement green strategies, nor is it necessarily easy. Janet will always assist the client to incorporate the most sustainable practices in design and maintenance of their gardens. Ask me about Rain Gardens and Wildlife Gardens!
- Lifelong learning: Clients come to RLGS for the joy of learning, for confidence to try out new things, for access to a new library of knowledge in the area of gardening and design, and to gain resources to continue this learning, freedom and practice as the garden evolves over time.
- Beauty: Our world is a spectacularly beautiful place, one that no man-made design could match. But as creative beings, made in the image of the great Creator, we can learn from the natural world to replicate some of that beauty in our home environments.
Janet is a graduate of University of Guelph’s Creating Landscapes Certificate program. She is an active qualified member of Vancouver Master Gardeners (Master Gardeners Association of British Columbia), participating in local outreach clinics, and is a member of the Garden Design Group of British Columbia.
Find Out More
If you want to know more about Real Life Garden Solutions or schedule a consultation, call 604 435 3008, email firstname.lastname@example.org , or use this contact form: